Mediterranean Manor is a full-service catering facility that has been serving the Long Island area for 50 years. We host many diverse functions, from weddings and Sweet Sixteens, to VIP Garden Cocktail events, organizational parties, birthdays, political meetings, baby and bridal showers, retirement events, school functions and much more.
Within this internship program, you will learn all facets of our busy catering facility from the booking stages of an event to the runoff of the actual party. In addition, you will be assisting the managerial office staff with event planning, payment scheduling, social media efforts, and client interaction.
Summary Of Duties – Events Intern:
- Assist on events: Can include interaction with vendors, décor assembly, production, etc.
- Help in the growth of our social media marketing by researching trends, posting relevant information to our social networking sites, maintaining contact with clients (both booked and potential).
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Familiarity with Hootsuite and Constant Contact a plus.
- Bi-weekly meeting with assigned experienced supervisor to assess progress and address questions.
- Reliable transportation to Mediterranean Manor required.
- Availability to work on a varied schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
This is an unpaid position for college credit.
Requirements For All Interns:
- At Least 18 Years Old.
- Minimum Commitment Of 3 Months.
- Exceptional Work Ethic, Highly Organized, Ability To Thrive In Busy Environments.
- Ability To Multi-task And Problem Solve At A Moment’s Notice.
- Exceptional Communication Skills.
- Ability To Take Direction.
- Commitment To Total Client Satisfaction.
- Ability To Smile And Be Pleasant At All Times.
*major In Hospitality, Tourism, Business Or Communication Preferred.
Internship Application Form
*If you are having difficulty pasting your resume/cover letter, please submit application and email documents by clicking the button below.